12th Global CemFuels Conference & Exhibition on alternative fuels for cement and lime 2018
20 - 21 February 2018 - Estrel Hotel, Berlin, Germany
- Problems and solutions
- Business opportunities
- News and developments
Who should attend?
- Cement and lime producers wishing to reduce their fuel and energy bills
- Legislators and regulators
- Alternative fuels equipment manufacturers
- Fuels traders & shippers
- Those with an interest in fuel project financing
- Energy and fuel analysts
- Academics & researchers
11th Global CemFuels Conference & Exhibition on alternative fuels for cement and lime 2017
2 - 3 February 2017 - Barcelona, Spain
The conference has very successfully taken place in Barcelona, with 185 delegates from 37 countries attending. Video and write-up will be posted here in the next few days.
View the image gallery from the 11th Global CemFuels Conference & Exhibition 2017 (large gallery - may take time to load)
Delegate comments on the Barcelona CemFuels Conference 2017:
- I would just like to congratulate you for the perfect organisation of Cemfuels conference last week. I think this is one of the best conferences in cement worldwide, because there is a good number of clients, the presentations are more technically-oriented and people who attend it are really interested to learn something new and interact with us suppliers.
- I would like to thank you for the conference. It was really important to me to attend and I am really satisfied of everything. Lots of new contacts and new information on the world of alternative fuels. Your organisation was really perfect.
- It is very well organised
- Thanks, a brilliant organisation - Congratulations!
- Very good conference, I am happy having been part of it
- Good networking opportunities
- Excellent conference
- It was my first CemFuels Conference - it was very useful and I thoroughly enjoyed it
- Keep up the good work. It's the event not to miss!! :-)
- Thanks for the organisation and see you next year
- I have enjoyed the conference very much
- Great conference. Your standards keep improving. Very impressive.
- Plant visits very good
- The organisation is better each time I come, getting close to perfect!
- It was a really good conference, nothing at all to complain about
- Targeted conference, well organised
- Good balance of attendees
- Compliments to the organisers, thank you.
- Thanks for your super efforts to organise and gather all interesting contacts.
- Thank you very much - it was a wonderful event
- I have been in oil & gas, chemicals & petrochemicals and now cement for 34 years, attending a lot of conference everywhere. Must admit that this conference tops them all in all aspects, so Thank You.
Barceló Sants Hotel - An out-of-this-world experience (Address: Plaça dels Països Catalans, s/n | 08014 Barcelona)
Including pre-conference field trip to Grupo Cemento Portland Valderrivas, Planta de Santa Margarida i els Monjos (near Barcelona) on Wednesday 1 February.
Including post-conference field trip on to the Sant Vicenç dels Horts plant of Cementos Mollins S.A. on Saturday 4 February.
Global CemFuels Awards Gala Dinner on 2 February at the Recinte Modernista de Sant Pau - 'A UNESCO-listed modernist hidden gem'
The Global CemFuels Conference and Exhibition has established itself as the largest specialised annual alternative fuels conference in the world, attracting 150 - 200 international delegates and many exhibitors each year.
La conferencia y exposición “Global CemFuels” se ha constituido como la mayor conferencia anual especializada en Combustibles Alternativos en el mundo, atrayendo a 150 - 200 delegados internacionales y a muchos exhibidores cada año.
The 11th Global CemFuels event in Barcelona will showcase the best alternative fuels projects and equipment from the cement industry in Europe and from around the world. Delegates are expected to attend from more than 40 countries (with strong representation from South America), to learn from experts how to start to use - or to increase their use of - alternative fuels. If your business is in alternative fuels for the cement and lime industry, then you must attend!
El 11º evento de “Global CemFuels” en Barcelona será uno de los mejores escaparates para mostrar los proyectos de combustibles alternativos y los equipos de la industria del cemento en Europa y en todo el mundo. Se espera que asistan delegados de mas de 40 países (con una fuerte representación de América del Sur), para aprender de los expertos como a empezar a usar – o incrementar su uso – combustibles alternativos. Si su negocio esta relacionado con combustibles alternativos para la industria del cemento y la cal, entonces, ¡debe asistir!
The registration fee includes attendance at the conference and exhibition, conference proceedings book including delegate names/company/country and all available powerpoint slides, CD or memory stick including all available presentations in pdf or powerpoint format, participation in networking/speed-dating sessions, delegate name badge, special distribution magazine, conference briefcase, coffee breaks and snacks, lunches, welcome reception and farewell reception.
The conference early-bird registration fee is £595 until 18 November 2016 and the normal rate is £695 from 19 November until 31 December 2016. The conference late-rate registration fee is £795 from 1 January 2017. Fuels producers and users benefit from a £100 discount on these rates. Speakers who partner with a waste processor/cement producer (see Call for Papers) register at a discounted rate of £395, while confirmed fuels producer/user speakers (co-author or author) register free. Other speakers register for the normal speaker registration rate of £495. The conference gala dinner is bookable separately at a rate of £125. The CemFuels field trips on February 1 and February 4 are bookable separately during registration for £60 each (strictly limited numbers). The delegate fee includes Spanish VAT at 10% and the cost of the gala dinner includes Spanish VAT at 21%. The field trips are rated at 0% VAT.
The 1.6Mt/yr Uniland Cementara plant began using alternative fuels in 2011, when it started to use refuse-derived fuel (RDF) and industrial waste. Initially at around 8% thermal substitution, the plant now uses around 15% alternative fuels comprising RDF, waste wood, animal meal and sewage sludge. Around half of the alternative fuel used is RDF, with varying proportions of the others. These are all sourced locally at present. The bulk traditional fuel is petcoke, sourced from the US. All alternative fuels are received at the same point in the plant and fed to two silos that share a capacity of 500m3. A system of four Pfister Weighfeeders and conveyors then directs an appropriate blend of material to either of the plant’s two kilns as required. In 2017 the plant will target an alternative fuel substitution rate of 20%.
The Cementos Molins plant started its alternative fuels journey in 2011 after a new 1.4Mt/yr FLSmidth line replaced three older kilns in 2010. Initially burning 1.5% alternative fuels, the thermal substitution rate rose an incredible 36.7% in 2013. However, as plant manager Manel Guillem explains, this provided ‘plenty of problems’ in terms of process stability and a decision was taken to reduce the quantity but increase the quality of the fuels used, especially RDF. In 2014 the rate fell to 28.3%, before rising to 31.7% in 2015 and ~36% in 2016. The quality and consistency of the RDF has now been assured by processing the waste via one of Cementos Molins’ subsidiary companies. The plant currently has a substitution of 80% in the calciner, which burns large-fraction RDF, chopped tyres and wood waste, although not all at the same time. The balance in the calciner is petcoke. The main burner takes petcoke and fine RDF and a subsidiary burner below the main burner also feeds sewage sludge and waste wood to the same flame. The combined thermal substitution rate of these two ‘main burners’ is around 6-7%. Changes to the calciner feeding system, due to complete in June 2017, will mean that more chopped tyres can be used in the future. The plant expects this project to contribute to a substitution rate of at least 40% in 2017.
10th Global CemFuels Conference & Exhibition on alternative fuels for cement and lime 2016
22 - 23 February 2016 - PRAGUE - Czech Republic
The 10th Global CemFuels Conference & Exhibition has successfully taken place.
View the image gallery (large gallery - may take time to load)
What the delegates said at Global CemFuels 2016:
• Congratulations for the overall experience
• Thanks for the good conference
• Excellent organisation
• Punctuality, professionality, quality
• Great conference, well organised
• Very well organised conference -right place, open peoiple - good chance to make networking and find a solution for many problems related to alternative fuels
• Many thanks for all organisers and standby team of Global Cement.
• Better than excellent!